I’d like to write a masterpiece but I don’t have the time
I could have written something new but I didn’t have the time
I’d like to philosophise but I don’t have the time
I could have walked the winding road but I didn’t have the time
I’d like to read a library’s worth but I don’t have the time
I could have turned a page or two but I didn’t have the time
I’d like to relive cinematic classics but I don’t have the time
I could have looked their names up but I didn’t have the time
I’d like to rock on lead guitar but I don’t have the time
I could have grown a fingernail but I didn’t have the time
I’d like to cook a sumptuous feast but I don’t have the time
I could have pushed a trolley but I didn’t have the time
I’d like to flex my muscles but I don’t have the time
I could have left the car at home but I didn’t have the time
I’d like to grow with hands of green but I don’t have the time
I could have filled the watering can but I didn’t have the time
I’d like to be a sympathetic listener but I don’t have the time
I could have bent my waxy ear but I didn’t have the time
I’d like to stay in touch with you but I don’t have the time
I could have stopped to chew the fat but I didn’t have the time
I’d like to be compassionate but I don’t have the time
I could have warmed my shoulder but I didn’t have the time
I’d like to work for charity but I don’t have the time
I could have spared that small change but I didn’t have the time
I’d like to heed that calling but I don’t have the time
I could have turned and waited but I didn’t have the time
I’d like the courage of conviction but I don’t have the time
I could have raised my sandy skull but I didn’t have the time
I’d like to stop and start again but I don’t have the time
I could have turned the hourglass but I didn’t have the time
What were all those little things that stole away the time?
No comments:
Post a Comment