Here comes a bunny boiler
You'll recognise the kind
That's primed on a hair-trigger
To explode out of her mind
She threw my records through the window
Because she thought I never listened
She keyed the hire-purchase
That I hadn't even christened
She screamed "I'm sick to death of football!"
As she booted the TV
I'd shown only red and yellow cards
As she cooked her birthday tea
She made a bonfire in the garden
As I'd never bought her flowers
Kept going through my mobile
Each long day I'd worked late hours
She pursued me with a toilet brush
Whilst the neighbours' curtains twitched
Hurling public accusations
That I was complicitly bewitched
But I wasn't for engagement
And I fell back to the pub
Took my customary position
With a pint and then some grub
Here comes the bunny boiler
She's escaped the cage we built together
Her chain's not normally quite so long
And I'm sat here wondering whether
That foot is the lucky one
Cause it's clear she's hopping mad
Her hindbrain's making all the moves
I can see this turn out bad
I'd tended all those carrots
She's now torn out by the head
Got no little treats to tempt her back
So I'll stare her down instead
Holding her gaze eye-to-eye
The constricted pinprick centre
Yet I'm blind to see reflected back
The guilty chief tormentor
No comments:
Post a Comment