Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Friday, 12 November 2010

Tell me again

So there I am again
Impersonating a good listener
Offering earnest eye contact
Encouraging noises
Head cocked, letting the talk wash over
We sit and I hear
Hubbub ebbing and flowing all around

I’m impartial and objective let me tell you
Nurturing a valid view, I’m sure
Specifics escape me now and then
I’ll defer
Waiting for points to be made
My own
Approximations thereof
Popping up in conversation
Surfing the tirade
Keeping my spout dry
Cobwebbed and darkened
Only glancing askew
So as not to find an empty pedestal
Drifting dust motes
Illuminated by searchlights
Shot down

Signing your pigeon tags
It’s easier to nod in agreement
I’ll sit here with my gears crunching
Nursing charisma
I know that I could talk and you’d all listen
Just not
To this

Cutting to the chase
Like the comedian that’s so true
This silver tongue could pierce your heart
Blind your eyes with rhetoric
No escaping these truisms
As I weaved the spell
You’d be entranced
Swallowed the Blarney Stone
But I’m just tending the bellyache
Appraising the scales
Waiting for some weight
To prompt a shift out of neutral
See I’m the best public speaker
That never spoke a word

No comments:

Post a Comment